Attention Skiers & Snowboarders!!
Thank you for your interest in VCA’s Ski Club 2012-2013! This year's Ski Club Advisors are Liese Piazza and Jennifer Holdren. We are looking forward to another great season!
Here is the information you will need to register for this year's Ski Club. Here are some of the basics:
• This year, registration will be done on-line through Boston Mills/Brandywine Ski Resorts. You may choose to Ski or to Snowboard, but you may not switch back and forth during the season once you have made your selection.
• You will need the special web address, login and password for the registration process. It is: https://www.skipeakresorts.com/shopbmbw/ Click the “Club Login” link on the right side of the page above, then log in to use this easy new registration! Our club’s LOGIN is: valleychrist PASSWORD is: member. You will also need to create a “Personal” Login and Password, 1 for each family, that you will keep from year to year.
• VCA is NOT a Tax Exempt club.
• The VCA Ski Club is held after school on Fridays starting the first week in January from 3:30-7:30pm at Brandywine. The club will run through late February or early March depending on the condition of the slopes.
• With the Ski Club pass you will receive equipment (if needed), 5 lessons, 3 $10 passes (can be used for Polar Blast as well) and continued ski time on Fridays until the season ends.
• The Ski Club is not only a great opportunity for children, but for families skiing together as well. This program is great for beginners or experts of all ages!
• Children must be 8 years old by January 1, 2013 in order to take lessons through the ski club program. If your child is a 2nd or 3rd grader, a parent must be on-site at Brandywine (you may be on the slopes or stay in the Lodge) while your child is at Ski Club. This is very important!!!
• We do not have bus transportation to the slopes. We carpool from VCA using parent drivers. Therefore, we need each family to be a carpool driver at least twice (if this presents an extreme hardship – please discuss this with Liese or Jennifer). After skiing on Friday, there is NO Carpooling back to VCA, so each family is responsible for picking up your own children or making your own arrangements for pick-up at Brandywine between 7:15 - 7:30 p.m.
• Alumni, friends and family members from outside of VCA are welcome to join; however, they must uphold the same high standards of conduct that are required of our students. Contact Liese or Jennifer for review of non-VCA persons prior to signing up.
• The cost for Ski Club (if you rent equipment) is $222.90 including tax. The cost for Ski Club if you bring your own equipment is approximately $159 plus tax.
• You may also go to www.bmbw.com for information. However, to sign up you must go the website noted above.
• Please note: You need to complete the registration process by November 19th to get your ski passes before the Christmas break! However, you may register until December 10th to participate in Ski Club starting in January. We need to have a completed list by mid- December so that we can coordinate the carpool, etc., by Christmas break. You will receive a separate sheet of paper in your child's folder once you have registered where you may indicate the weeks you are able to drive for carpool. We will use this information to set up the carpool schedule for the season.
Please contact Liese Piazza (330.963.4194) with any questions you have regarding Ski Club. Thanks so much! We look forward to a great season. The kids (as well as the adults) always enjoy this fun activity!!!